When it comes to choosing the right blinds for your home, it’s an important decision to make – especially when you’re probably not going to renew them for a number of years.
Venetian blinds come in many forms including aluminium, but today we’re talking about the pro’s and con’s of wood and the only recently released PVC variety.
Pro’s of wooden venetian blinds
- Made from real basswood, providing you with a truly natural wood grain
- A wide range of natural wood & painted shades – easy to match to existing furniture
- Matching or contrasting tapes available
Con’s of wooden venetian blinds
- Not recommended for damp or moist conditions as the wood may start to warp
- Maximum width restriction due to the weight of the wood
Pro’s of PVC venetian blinds
- Recommended for damp or moist conditions – no warping
- Larger maximum width due to light-weight materials
- Wood effect grain created gives the appearance of real wood
Con’s of PVC venetian blinds
- Limited shades available – only white/off white tones
- Contrasting tapes not available – matching tapes only
Hopefully we’ve helped you decide which venetian blinds are most suited to your home and given you some inspiration along the way. If you’d like some more information on choosing the right blinds for your home, you can call us on 01782 271313 or send us a message to email@example.com where we’ll try to answer any questions you have.
Browse our website for information on all our other blind types including vertical, roller, roman & roof.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for the latest news and product releases.